Institute for Educational and Social Equity and Fig Tree International have produced a report on factors responsible for and/ or contribute to BAME school leaders exiting the profession or accepting a junior role.
The report was prepared by Professor Paul Miller, Professor of Educational Leadership & Social Justice, and Principal Consultant, Institute for Educational & Social Equity & Roxanne Lashley, Deputy Headteacher, East Barnet School.
It drew on a wide range of (i) experiences and (ii) perspectives from recent and/or current BAME senior leaders, all of whom have either exited the profession and/or accepted a more junior role during the period January 2020 – January 2022.
Become an Institute Member
- Access to our Monthly Newsletter
- Online access to our “Equity in Education & Society” journal (SAGE)
- Invitation to our annual Fellows’ Roundtable (Available only to members)
- 7.5% discounted rate at our “Equity in Education & Society” conferences
- 5% discounted rate on any of our training programmes and/or workshops
Institute for Educational & Social Equity provides consultancy services on anti-racism and other inclusion, diversity and equity issues. Our USP is that our approach combines research with practice. Our services are built on three pillars: research, capacity development and institutional support.
Office Address: 3M Buckley Innovation Centre Firth St, Huddersfield, HD1 3BD. Tel: 44-01484505670
Company number: 12718201
Registered Company Address: 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N17GU
UK Register of Learning Providers Number: 10092202